With the aim of becoming a company that achieves business growth while reducing environmental impact, we are enhancing the environmental management.
As a corporate citizen of planet Earth, we are committed to contributing to the solution of global environmental issues in communication with stakeholders in order to realize a sustainable society in the future.
We will achieve to implement products with the highest level of environmental performance.
With the aim of achieving further business growth while promoting environmental protection, we are strengthening our system for promoting environmental activities.
We are more actively highlighting the strong environmental performance of our products and introducing more details of such activities.
For more information and download, please visit
Recognizing that the Earth is an irreplaceable asset, the Canon Medical Systems group strives to develop and provide “environmentally conscious medical systems” in order to contribute to community and healthcare services. This is the responsibility and commitment of the Canon Medical Systems group, which is expanding its business worldwide. Based on this philosophy, and to the extent technically and economically feasible, we promote environmental activities in accordance with the Canon Group Environmental Charter and the Canon Medical Systems Group Standards of Conduct.
The Canon Medical Systems group considers environmental stewardship to be aprimary responsibility of management. The group specifies and periodically reviewsits objectives and targets through assessment of the environmental aspects of its business activities, products, and services. All staff members work towards this goal in order to continuously improve the environmental management system and its performance and to prevent pollution.
The Canon Medical Systems group complies with all laws and regulations concerning the environment, agreements on pollution prevention, and its own stricter standards, taking effects on the environment and on biodiversity into consideration.
The Toshiba Medical Systems group selectively specifies the following objectives in order to reduce the environmental impact of its products and business processes.
Developing and providing environmentally conscious products and serviceswhich contribute to reducing environmental impact throughout their life cycles.
Reducing the environmental impact of all business processes, including design and development, manufacturing, sales and distribution, servicing, and disposal,with a focus on the prevention of global warming, efficient utilization ofesources, and control of chemical substances.
Promoting biodiversity conservation activities in cooperation with communities.
Maximizing disclosure and enhancing communication in order to facilitate mutual understanding with communities and customers.
Establishment : January 4, 2018
President and Chief Executive Officer
Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- Formed Pollution Control agreements with Otawara-shi and Yaita-shi
- Toshiba Nasu Opreration started operating
- Inaugurated the Environmental Protection Group based on Toshiba's policies
- Internal environmental audits initiated by Toshiba, with first audit taking place at Nasu Operations
- Total abolition of specified chlorofluorocarbons
- Total abolition of 1.1.1-trichloroethylene
- Obtained certification for British Standard 7750 for environmental management
- Obtained ISO 14001 certification (environmental management systems standard)
- Received commendation for excellence in energy management in factories
- Realization of zero waste emissions at Toshiba Nasu works
- ISO 14001 certification renewal review conducted, and continuation of the certification is authorized
- Received 3R(Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) Promotion Council President's Award
- Received Tochigi Prefecture Pollution Prevention Excellence in Industry Award (Governor's Award)
- The newly established Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation (here after TMSC) formed Pollution Control Agreements with the cities of Otawara and Yaita.
- Received Energy Management Achievement Award
- ISO 14001 certification renewal review conducted, and continuation of the certification is authorized as TMSC.
- Received Energy Management Achieved Award
- On-site review for environmental activities conducted at overseas group companies.
- Received the fourth Eco-Products Award
- Conducted environmental audits at overseas group companies
- Provision of environmentally conscious products Aquilion ONE™ received Toshiba Excellent ECP certification
- Acquisition of ISO14001 integrated certification
- Construction of new environmentally conscious buildings
- Obtained Eco Rail Mark as the first authorized Medical Device Industry in Japan
- ISO 14001 certification second surveillance review conducted, and continuation of the certification is authorized as authorized as TMSC Nasu Operations.
- Provision of environmentally conscious products Aplio MX™ received Toshiba Excellent ECP certification
- Received the seventh Eco-Products Award
- Provision of environmentally conscious products Alexion™ received Toshiba Excellent ECP certification
- Prevention of global warming and effective use of resources Construction of new environmentally conscious the third canteen
- Our 12 CT system models received an Eco-Products Award.
- TMSC received an Encouragement Prize from the LCA Society of Japan.
- Aquilion ONE™/ViSION Edition and Aquilion™ PRIME received Toshiba EECP certification.
- Provision of environmentally conscious products Vantage Elan™, Xario™ received Industry-leading eco-products.
- Received the 11th Eco-Products Award
- Provision of environmentally conscious products TOSMEC Aventy™ 2.0, Aquilion ONE™/GENESIS Edition received Industry-leading eco-products.